
Immediately following our time at Camp Pugwash, Mom and I spent five days vacationing with my dad on Prince Edward Island. For the longest time, it has been my dream to visit PEI. My fascination with it began when I first watched the movie series Anne of Green Gables about Anne Shirley, a red-haired orphan girl, who was mistakenly adopted by Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert. The Green Gables house is in Cavendish
on the north shore and was the inspiration for the book written by Lucy Maud Montgomery in 1808. I guess I’ve always identified with this little red-head who had an imaginative mind, generous heart, love for romance, and skills as a writer.My main reason, however, for wanting to visit PEI was to see the natural beauty of this smallest of Canadian provinces. They call it the “Gentle Island” because it is quiet, peaceful, and mostly rural. Having read much about the place, I knew it would be beautiful, but I must say it far exceeded my expectations. Everywhere I turned there was another Kodak moment – the fields, lakes, country churches, lighthouses, red bluffs, and beaches. It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been!
My vacation was totally relaxing and spiritually rejuvenating. The last morning, I went to the beach to have my devotions as the sun came up. The view from the red bluffs was stunning. Then God gave me a special treat – three bald eagles soaring in their natural habitat above the bluffs. It was absolutely incredible!
I hope you enjoy the pictures and videos below.
(Disclaimer: Some of the video footage is shaky because I was trying to figure out how to use my new camera. Also the eagles were filmed from a quarter mile away so the resolution isn't great. I really needed a tripod!)
On Eagle's Wings


6 comments:
So beautiful, Staci. I also loved the Anne of Green Gables movies and have wanted to visit there.
That scenery is so gorgeous. Maybe I'll have to schedule a trip there sometime.
That's so special that you got to travel with your mom. Tell your family hi for me.
Looks like you and your mom had a lovely time. The eagle footage was really impressive. Was that a loon on the lake? The little fishing villages remind me a bit of the ones in southern Alaska I visited as a kid. I am now a bit envious. ;-)
Staci! Although I already saw this footage, I like how you added it with that music! It adds a great touch! I wish I could have gone there with you guys! Maybe you and I will just have to plan a trip there together! Love you much and miss you!
Well said - and I say... let there always be Anne's to dream, to inspire, and to love romance.
Hopefully I'll see you and your family down here this weekend.
God's Speed.
I'm glad you all enjoyed the pics/video. It is a place you must visit sometime. Michael, I believe that was a loon though I didn't look it up in a bird book.
I've always dreamed of visiting PEI as well. Your pictures are soo beautiful, and the video with the "Anne music" made me feel nostalgic...remembering pleasant childhood dreams!
Post a Comment