Sunday, September 16, 2007

Birthday Week

This has been a busy but blessing filled week. It started off last Sunday with my 30th birthday! That’s right. I’ve officially left my 20s. At first I was sad about the idea because my 20s were the best years of my life. It’s where I discovered God’s call for my life, matured, developed my closest friendships, and experienced so many miracles and answered prayers. But then my good friend Chad Bernard told me that Jesus began His ministry at the age of 30 and so I could expect even more blessings in this decade. So I’m feeling a lot better about the idea. Today my family and friends suprised me with a birthday party. Because it was a week after my birthday I had no idea this "fall party" at the Bernard's house was going to be for me!

I celebrated my actual birthday by playing a game of mini golf with my Dad, Chad & Melinda Bernard, special friends from church, and Katie Purvis, the pastor’s daughter and my “adopted little sister”.

I happened to be the only one that got a hole-in-one, but I still didn’t win the game!

This week the Amazing Facts Here We Stand series with Doug Batchelor has been live broadcasted from the Lansing Convention Center each night. This has been a series reaffirming the distinctive teachings of Seventh-day Adventists. I have taken several of my Bible study contacts to the meetings.

One night I was asked to have the opening prayer. I also have heard from friends that they saw a crowd shot or two of me other times as well. If you would like to watch any of the archived programs of this excellent series, you can at http://www.07revive.org/.

5 comments:

Autumn said...

Staci! I am so glad you had fun on Sunday! Wish I could have been there to join all of you! Ya, people here in BC said they say you on 3ABN! I wish I had been able to. I will have to watch the archives so I can see you! Anyway, it was nice chatting with the family last night! I miss you all so much! But I will be there in three weeks! I can't wait! All my love, your little sis.

Joelle said...

Happy birthday, Staci!
Looks like it was a happy one.
Things have been busy and I didn't get to watch the Amazing Facts series but I'm sure it was good.

Melody said...

Hey Staci, wanted to add my congratulations on "reaching the new milestone" in your life! I thought the same thing when I turned 30...and truly it has been a new phase of growth and exciting God-ordained adventures! I'm 31 now and it just keeps getting better! ;-)

Melanie said...

Mini golf.... i didn't get to do that this summer. glad you had an awesome 30th. any advice for me... next year is coming too fast for me ?! anyways, i bet 30 doesn't feel any different, right? We can praise God for life...the best is yet to come Staci...wink wink! God is good and has big plans for you.

holamickey said...

Looking forward to an update on how those meetings went. They were included in our prayers down here. Someday I am going to be watching 3ABN... saying to the person next to me... yep that right there is Staci.

Have a super week!