Last January Paul Ratsara, division president for South Africa-Indian Ocean, met with us and shared the faith principles being used in his division. He told us about one remarkable young man of faith and prayer -- Reginald Sibanda, a 29-year-old pastor in Zimbabwe. This retreat Reginald came to speak to us.
I’m still looking for words to describe the impact his messages and stories had on me.
At the age of 17 Reggie committed his life to Christ. He made the Bible his study and began a habit he has maintained since – waking at 2 am to pray until 6 am. He b
What is the secret of his success? He said it is nothing we cannot do. He attributes it to three things:
- MUCH PRAYER -- He prays four hours a day, sometimes more. As a result he has seen his prayer list with 850 requests be reduced to 0 because they were all answered!
- MUCH FAITH -- He says that when we read the promise of God and believe it, exercising faith, we please God. God answers, "I will give you with pleasure." He not only gives you all you asked for but even more to show you how pleased He is that you exercised faith.
- BIBLE & CHRISTIAN SERVICE by EGW-- These are the only books he has used in his ministry. He doesn't have all the resources we have (not even a complete Conflict of the Ages series) but he has lived by the principles contained in these two books.
I thought of all the programs, training materials, powerpoints, DVDs, and other resources we have but our inability to accomplish that which is the result of only simple means, prayer, and faith. What a rebuke to us! I thought I knew about faith and prayer but I’m afraid I know so little. God had to send a missionary from Africa to teach me what it means to live by faith.
There were other special moments during the retreat -- like time spent with friends. It is great to have another girl Bible worker friend in Diana Santos.
3 comments:
Wow Staci! I really was excited to hear more of the details of this missionary man from Africa. I know what he said at ASI really impacted me, but I didn't remember all the details, so this is awesome!
I hope you don't mind, but I tagged your entry from today to go along with my entry for ASI when I talk about this man! What an incredible inspiration such people are...I know I am really challenged and inspired!! Thanks so much for taking time to share!
It was great seeing you and Autumn at ASI. Seems like you've hit a lot of interesting events this summer. The retreat sounds like it was very inspiring; Diana told me she was going, but your report is the first I've heard of it. The featured speaker's testimony sounds really amazing. I wonder if we could get him on 3ABN? (Unless, of course, he has been, and I missed it!)
The testimony of this man is so powerful. I have been following the story and was very disappointed not to have been able to make it to the pastors retreat.
Staci, is there any possible way I can get a copy of the audio presentations from the retreat, from the conference or.... I have not heard if there were any or not.
mattzela@gmail.com
Post a Comment