Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Dear Cathy

Dear Cathy,

I know our last study was a hard one for you. It is the first time we have disagreed on anything we have studied together. I want you to know that I am seeking to see this all through your eyes. Choosing to keep Saturday as the Sabbath is a huge decision. I want you to know that I have not brought this topic up because I feel I’m better than you or holier in some way. Honestly, I’m as much in need of God’s grace as you are. Like yourself, God is daily sanctifying me and seeking to remove the sins from my heart. I keep praying for a heart willing and ready to follow Him into truth.

As sensitive as this topic is, I wish I could say, “You choose Sunday as your Sabbath, and I’ll choose Saturday, and others can pick another day if they like.” If it was up to me I’d do that as it is more convenient that way. But the fact is that it is not up to me, because it is not my day we are discussing – it is God’s day.

Exodus 20:10 – “But the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.”
Isaiah 58:13 – “Turn away thy foot from the Sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day: and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of the Lord.”
Matthew 12:8 – “For the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath day.”
The Sabbath is God’s day – not mine – and as such only He has the right to change it. No human, no priest, or pope has that authority. And as I read my Bible from cover to cover I see no where in Scripture where He changed His day to Sunday. I am left then with the decision to keep His day on the Sabbath, or accept another day and another authority in its place.

Cathy, as you do your study and research, as you study the Scriptures about Saturday Sabbath and the First Day, I hope most of all you will talk to Jesus about this. He understands how you are feeling and I’m sure He can give you the answers you need. I know that you know Him and that He speaks to you.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers!

Love,
Staci

(Letter written to one of my Bible study contacts after we studied the Mark of the Beast. She is quite active in her Baptist church. Please pray for her!)

1 comment:

holamickey said...

Staci -
Thanks for the link... it was strangely good to be knocking on cold doors again.
Continued courage in your ministry.