Thursday, May 04, 2006

My New Car

Summer of 1999 I bought my first car and dedicated it to God's service. In the last seven years it has accumulated 122,000 miles, done Bible work/evangelism in California, Texas, Illinois, West Virginia, and across Michigan. It has taken me to countless Bible studies and seminars, carrying many passengers longing to know Jesus.

Now with 248,000+ miles and an increasing amount of wear/tear issues, I decided it was time to look for a replacement. I predict I will be doing much more travelling in months to come and I wanted something very reliable, safe, and that would get good gas mileage.

After comparing several models and types I settled on the Subaru Legacy Sedan. The 2006 model is the 2006 Gold rated safety pick for mid-sized, moderately priced cars according to the International Institute for Highway Safety. This means if you are in an accident in this car you will most likely walk away from it with only a few bruises. The four-wheel drive is also a plus on Michigan roads during rain and snow.

I'd not planned to purchase a new vehicle nor right away, but the Lord opened some doors allowing me to get the car of my dreams at a price I was able to afford. It happened so fast I was still pinching myself a couple days later, but I'm really happy about my decision. One of the first things I did was pray that God would use this car to lead many people to Christ. Come visit me and I'll take you for a drive!


No comments: