t weekend David Gates visited our church. I was so inspired and challenged to trust God more and to dream BIG dreams for him. Hearing his testimonies of securing $1.5 million dollar TV stations with no money and other incredible miracles was just amazing. I realized that the work is not finished because we dream too small and don't act as though our faith were invincible.Here are some of the thoughts that challenged me the most:
- Sacrificial giving is the only gift that counts in Heaven. Every other gift man might recognize but God will not even notice.
- If I really am the son or daughter of the owner of the world, do I live like it? Do I really believe that if I give generously, I'll never run out because my Father has more to give me?
- If you really want to learn to trust God, you must put yourself in a place where you can learn to trust Him. You must be willing to take risks for the Gospel.
- "Those who place themselves under God's control, to be led and guided by Him, will catch the steady tread of the events ordained by Him to take place. Inspired with the Spirit of Him who gave His life for the life of the world, they will no longer stand still in impotency, pointing to what they cannot do. Putting on the armor of heaven, they will go forth to the warfare willing to do and dare for God, knowing that His omnipotence will supply their need."--Testimonies, vol. 7, p. 14. {ChS 77.1}
- When the moment of opportunity opens, seize it fast. This confuses Satan who is then caught of guard.
No comments:
Post a Comment