“Those who have step by step yielded to worldly demands and conformed to worldly customs will not find it a hard matter to yield to the powers that be, rather than subject themselves to derision, insult, threatened imprisonment, and death … Many a star we have admired for its brilliancy will then go out in darkness. Chaff like a cloud will be borne away on the wind, even from places where we see only floors of rich wheat.” 5T 81I feel a need for a much deeper relationship with God to prepare for that time. When all around me people will be compromising their faith, I want to stand strong for the Word of God. I believe it is time for me to make some radical changes in my life in order to spend more time in Bible study & Scripture memorization—redeeming the time so I don’t regret wasted opportunities when there is no more time to prepare. Do you want to join me in that commitment?
“Many will be called to speak before councils and in courts of justice, perhaps separately and alone. The experience which would have helped them in this emergency they have neglected to obtain, and their souls are burdened with remorse for wasted opportunities and neglect privileges.” 5T 463
Sunday, May 28, 2006
The Final Crises
I’ve been doing some study lately on the last day events in preparation for a lesson study I am helping to lead out in at Michigan camp meeting this summer. I praise God for the Spirit of Prophecy because it has helped to shake me up and make me realize that I need to be much more diligent in preparing for the final crisis. I believe we are much closer to that time than any of us realize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for the reminder and exhortation. I pray that He will continually become my all in all.
Hey, I was wondering if you would comment on a post I have just put up. It is called "7 steps to a Godily marriage". I am looking for thoughts, ideas, Critiques, and other advice on it. Also I have questions such as: Is it biblical, practical, useable, etc. If you get a chance I appreciate your help and input.
Post a Comment