What a blessing to hear a sacred concert by Jaime Jorge yesterday at the Lansing and Battle Creek churches. What I appreciate most about Jaime is his deep humility. He is definitely gifted but he does not like to receive praise and attention. When people try to applaud, he points to Heaven and says, “praise be to God.” The only offering he takes is to support La Voz de Esperanza in its work in Cuba. When so many Christian musicians, even Adventist ones, seem showy and eager for praise, it is refreshing to see one who acknowledges the One who has give him talent and makes turning our attention to Him his primary aim. To learn more about Jaime or to get any of his recordings visit his website: www.jaimejorge.com.
Sunday, June 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awww... Staci, good to hear from you. I don't always check your blogspot--but I linked over here from xanga. it is always so neat to see how God is blessing your work there in Michigan. Love ya, Cristy
Hey Staci, thought I'd say hi, and i love your blog! I miss you guys sooooooooooooo much! Dad's got a job in Australia now, so we'll be moving again soon. Anyway, say hello to everyone for me. Miss you!
your friend, Sara
Post a Comment