Sunday, April 30, 2006

Youth Preach Out!

This afternoon I attended another session of our youth evangelistic series being conducted by four young people in our church. Three of them are age 16 and one is age 18. For the last several weeks they have been doing the New Beginnings series at the Greater Lansing Adventist School. I’m so proud of them! A couple weeks ago I interviewed each of them for an article I was asked to write for the Michigan Memo. (Watch for the June issue!) Their lives will never be the same after this experience.

The support of the church has been tremendous. Over 90 church members are actively involved in these meetings, most of them working at the round tables where the guests and members sit, leading out in a Bible study lesson interspersed between the presentations. One of the church members told me, “This is a major training event. It is so much more than outreach. Members are sitting around tables learning how to open and share the Word of God with others.” Members are saying that they could now give Bible studies or lead out in a small group study because of this experience.

And now for two short stories. A man who had been raised Adventist but who had not been to church in years, attended one meeting. He was so moved by hearing these youth speak that the very next Sabbath he visited the Adventist church in his hometown. He called his father to tell him he was coming back to church for good! The other story if of the non-Adventist chiropractor of Sara and Max, two of the speakers, who attended a meeting just to support his patients. But he was so impressed and learned so much that he is now faithfully coming and today requested baptism!

Please keep Andrew, Max, Sara, and Charissa in your prayers as they continue to proclaim God’s Word!!

5 comments:

Joelle said...

Wow, that is so awesome! I'm proud of Charissa... she was one of my students last summer in magabooks. (Drop some notes of encouragement for her to canvass again next summer, if you can!)

Joelle said...

oh, and by the way, tell her a HUGE HELLO for me!! :-)

Staci said...

I'll tell Charissa. I know she would appreciate knowing your are praying and thinking of her.

Anonymous said...

What an exciting report! Seeing how God continues to use you to touch the lives of church members as well as non-Adventists is inspiring. Thanks for taking the time to share your stories!

It is SO good to "hear" from you on a more regular basis now. (Thanks for using Xanga to notify me of new posts here.) Depending on what happens in the next few weeks, I may be contacting you a little more...

Melanie said...

Hey Staci. This is great. i did hear about it from Charissa's parents. She was my camper a "few" summers ago. anyways, i praise God for how God is working and the support of the church. Good to hear from you. Blessings!