It was in August of 2007 that Stephanie walked down Roswitha's street, carrying a book bag filled with literature. She met Roswitha on her porch and the two made an instant connection. As they talked about the Bible, Stephanie quickly realized that God had been leading Roswitha to Bible truth on her own. She had already stopped eating unclean foods! Roswitha not only bought every book in Stephanie's bag but she also expressed interest in Bible studies. That night Stephanie called me very excited. "Staci, I found you an awesome Bible study contact!"
Soon I made a visit to Roswitha and brought her some Bible lessons. She was busy with school and work and not until January were we able to begin a formal sit down study. By then Stephanie had moved to Lansing so she began attending with me. Then Melinda expressed an interest in learning how to give a Bible study so she too began coming. We had an awesome time together!
Over the last 17 months I have watched this previous lady grow in her love and commitment to Jesus. There was never a time where she disagreed with truth. If the Bible said it, she believed it. I remember the sincere question she asked me after we studied the lesson on the Sabbath. "Staci, where are we to worship? Where can we find a Sabbath-keeping church?" That was when us girls looked at each other, smiled, and told her we attended one. That was the first time she heard of a Seventh-day Adventist.
Satan has not been pleased. He attacked Roswitha's family and her health multiple times. Every time I knew it was because he was fearful. He knew he was losing her and I knew he couldn't win! We just kept supporting her and praying that she would come through.
Despite having recently had knee surgery and still being on crutches and in lots of pain, Roswitha was determined that nothing would postpone her baptism.
It is always a special moment for me when a Bible study interest becomes a sister in Christ, a precious friend, and then a fellow member of the same body of Christ. I have yet to discover an experience that equals it in joy and satisfaction.
That Sabbath the Lansing choir sang for special music a song that I think really sums up Roswitha's story. Truth is marching on!
6 comments:
what a beautiful story of God's faithfulness and perfect timing!! So exciting!! Keep pressing on!
Thank you for sharing! What an inspiring story of God's provision above all! You should consider submitting this for the Lake Union Herald and Mich. Memo.
That is awesome and so encouraging. Praise the Lord!
so inspiring! we have colporteurs staying with us this week and we are praying for such divine appointments! thank you for sharing with us.
Hi Staci, I am a student at Andrews Seminary. A friend and I have recently accepted God's call to do some bible work in the surrounding area. We are complete novices and we are looking for resources and guidance. I know you are very busy and are currently teaching a bible work course for the undergrads (by the way it might be a good idea to do a class for the seminary because many like myself do not come from a theology background) but is there anyway you could meet with us to answer a few questions or perhaps we could call you? Do you have an office and office hours?
Thanks
God Bless your ministry.
Jonathan Burnett
Jonathan, call me at 517-927-2206. I'll be in Berrien tomorrow (Thursday - November 5) and Friday morning. I'd be happy to meet up with you and your friend!
Post a Comment