Saturday, June 14, 2008

Showers of Blessings

We have had a lot of showers here lately (even leaving us without electricity for a few days), but this is not the kind of showers that I am so happy about! We serve such an amazing God and at times I think I cannot contain my happiness as I see the miracles He is performing in the lives of those I know.

I wish I had time here to tell you all the answered prayers I just saw this last week. But in short I saw God answer the prayer of our Project TEACH discipleship group for a man who has an addiction to self-mutilation. He has not cut himself in over a week to the astonishment of everyone at his facility! He saved the life of my friend Melinda’s father from a ruptured brain aneurism and is providing daily opportunities for her to witness to her very secular/agnostic family who are opening up for the first time.

Then there is my Bible study contact Kathy Hudson. When I first met her a year and a half ago, she suffered from major depression and never wanted to get out of bed. Now she tells me she never feels depressed anymore since I came into her life and taught her how to study the Bible for herself. Now all she wants to do all day is study the Bible lessons I provide her (3 different sets!). This week she told me she is seriously considering rebaptism because of all the new truths she is learning and asked me if this would be okay. We haven’t even talked about it so I knew this was God convicting her! Today was also the first time she has come to a church service with me and she was absolutely ecstatic to be there!

And then there is Vickie Leach. I’ve talked about her before and how I invited her to join the choir, the Sabbath School class I teach, and my soul-winning discipleship group even though she was Baptist. I knew she was an Adventist in the making and I wanted her to make some solid Adventist friends through the choir and receive support and further teaching in these classes. Today she was baptized! She shared the most beautiful testimony of how God led her to this church. (Watch it below to be totally inspired!) Our entire choir went up front during the baptism to rejoice with her!

A few months ago, God gave me a promise in His Word that this year would be a year in which He would set the captives free – especially in the lives of my friends. The year is only half over but already I have seen so many captives set free. I am more determined than ever to take the kingdom of heaven by the violence of my prayers and to ask God to work even more miracles. I know He will. My God is such an awesome God!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there to share all the blessings. What power there is in prayer! So why don't we pray more? Love the work God is doing in you. As I get ready for my Amazing Facts interview, I think of the verse God gave me years ago. "Train up a child in the way (She) should go.." Thanks you Jesus!! Love MOM

Autumn said...

Staci! I am always inspired when I read how God has been blessing you! I am so glad you are willing to be led by God because he is using you in powerful ways! Keep working hard for Christ.

I look forward to seeing you in about a week and a half! Yippee!!!

Staci said...

Mom & Autumn, God is so good! I've uploaded Vickie's testimony so you can watch it. I know so many were blessed by hearing it. Her Baptist parents came to her baptism and attended my Sabbath School too. They seemed to really enjoy church and said they would be back. :) Kerry her husband has been to church the last 3 weeks. Pastor told him during the baptism that he expects to be baptizing him next! That is what we are all praying for. I know it will happen. Love you both!

Glow4Jesus said...

Wow! I think watching God change lives is one of the most exciting spectacles one can see. I always read your blog expecting a blessing and am never disappointed! I was hoping you would share the scripture you mentioned about setting the captives free. Thanks so much and God bless!

holamickey said...

I was just thinking how radically different your blog post was from the news reports - Thanks for being encouraging.