Sunday, March 02, 2008

Winter Art

Last Sabbath Dad and I took a walk along a river and were delighted to find these ice sculptures. I am not exactly sure how they were made. We think the water level was higher and froze around the trees and then when it began to melt it formed the icicles. Some even looked like floating chandeliers. However it happened, God had His hand in it! They were so perfectly formed like pieces of fine art. We serve an amazing Creator who still loves to create beautiful things.




3 comments:

Joelle said...

That's really cool! It's interesting how God surprises us with such intricate beauty in nature.

Autumn said...

Staci! Those are so pretty! It seems strange that you have been seeing ice, while I have been seeing hot beaches! It looks very cold! I wish I could have seen them though! Miss you tons!

Anonymous said...

Scenes like that make me wonder what heaven will be like. God gives us so much beauty here in sometimes unexpected ways and places. I wonder if there will be ice in heaven?