Tuesday, November 13, 2007

What If I Give All?

Thanksgiving is next week and my heart is bursting with gratefulness for how good God has been to me this year. I remember past years by where I was with my relationship with God that year ... but in the future when I think of 2007 I will remember it as the year that I began to discover fully what it means to “live by faith.” When this year began I was struggling to believe God could do the impossible in my life – answer a very personal prayer request. I became convicted that I needed to begin reading and claiming the promises of God and to BELIEVE that God would answer even if I could not see how. For months I’ve walked by faith and not by sight and to a large degree still am. But I cannot begin to describe how my attitude has changed – what joy I daily experience – what hope I have – what happiness is mine. God has been so good to me! Living by faith is the best experience of my life! One day I think I’m going to write a book about it!

With all that God has done for me this year, I’ve been asking myself a lot lately what more I could do for Him. I want to give Him everything – every talent, every gift – even more than I am currently doing. I want to serve more people in whatever way God leads. I just want Him to have it all.

My sister recently shared this video clip with me of the song “What If I Give All?” by Ray Boltz. I hope it will challenge you as it did me, to give God all because He’s given so much to us – not just at this time of thanksgiving but all year long.

9 comments:

Manly Family said...

Oh, Staci - thank you so much for sharing! I was crying watching the video. I think I will let Nathan see it sometime. I would like to know what he thinks of it. I think of years by my relationship with God too. He has taught me so much this year.

--Amy

Autumn said...

Staci, I am thankful that you have been open to share with me your journey of faith this year. Whenever you talk to me of how God has been working in your life and how you are learning every day to trust him more fully, it is an inspiration to me to trust him more fully as well! Let's walk by faith together! I love you!

Anonymous said...

I am embarrased to say, but I second Amy's and Autum's comments about crying and about the imspiration :-)
Have to share it with Kerri! :)
(p.s. don't tell anyone about the crying part ok?)

Unknown said...

Wow, that was a powerful video. (I'm afraid I got the sniffles too....) Staci, I can seriously empathize with your description of what you've been going through. Your testimony is very encouraging for my own wrestling with God. Thanks for sharing.

Melanie said...

tears came. thanks staci for another reminding of what God can do in hearts. thanks for the providential chat this morning. I appreciate you and your friendship. love, melanie

Anonymous said...

My dear child,
How blessed I am to not only see God leading you day by day, but answering some of those longings to know His Will more fully in your life, and to give you the desires of your heart! As the days, months, and years unfold before us, may we rejoice in His love, care, and leading. Mom

holamickey said...

Staci - Yes! Let's do it...change the world.
I ran across some old blogs of yours not knowing that they were old... what is your status as a missionary?

Thank you for your prayers.

Anonymous said...

Staci,
I ran across your blog by accident. I am so blessed by your postings! I am an SDA mother of three teenagers... encouraging them to walk with the Lord, against the pull of the world....and to guard their hearts.
You have encouraged me... that it is possible for the younger generation to choose to walk with the Lord.
Thanks for allowing God to work through you.

Melanie said...

Hi Staci, I hope you had a nice Sabbath. I'm so longer on myspace because the same thing happened again with Norman M. wierd, but I refuse to tolerate it. So anyways, just in case you wondered. I look forward to keeping in touch on blogger. Have a great week! love, Melanie