Sunday, July 08, 2007

1000 Great Controversy Books

This weekend 30 megabook students arrived at my church to begin canvassing the Lansing area. They are mostly made up of college students and CAMPUS missionaries. Awesome group!! Spiritual, committed, mature, focused, determined. For example, in the last four weeks they have sold 1000 Great Controversies. Kamil Metz, the publishing director, told me that is a record. According to him the best a program has ever done on GC sales was in the Southern Union and it was around 500 GCs for the entire summer! On the 4th of July after 3 1/2 hours they had sold more than most programs do in 3 weeks! And they have another half a summer to go!!!

I'm really excited that this team is here now. I met with them this morning to give them an official welcome and to do some training with them on how to survey people for Bible studies as they sell books. We have a team in Lansing who will be following up on these interests in preparation for Doug Batchelor's meetings this fall and our own full length evangelistic series.

Please pray for these young people over the next few weeks that God will continue to bless them as they place Great Controversy and other books in the homes. And pray that they will find people in our area searching for truth that we can begin Bible studies with.

I'm really excited about what God is about to do!!

"Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee." Joshua 1:3, 5.

1 comment:

Joelle said...

Oh wow! That's great they've gotten so many GCs out. Woo hoo!
Who are the leaders?? I know several leaders there this summer.
I remember when I led, and my group stayed at Charlotte. :-) Heehee. Good times!