There are few things I enjoy more than hearing a truly romantic love story. But the ones that move me the most are those in which the couple chose to remain faithful to the one God would one day bring into their life, and when their love story began it was characterized by much prayer and purity.
This summer I have been privileged to attend the weddings of two very special friends who both had that kind of love story. In June I went to the wedding of Jason Sliger and Midori Reichard. Midori and I have been friends for many years and it was so beautiful to see God lead her to marry a very special young man--an Amazing Facts evangelist. I pray God will really bless them as they minister together in leading lost people to Jesus.This last weekend I attended the wedding of my dear friend Chuck Holtry. Fo
r several years, Chuck has been the big brother I always wanted and never had. As such we have shared numerous conversations about love, relationships, and our struggles with waiting patiently for God’s best. And after all these years of praying for each other's future love story, it was special to see his dreams come true. I believe Christina Bruno is just the right girl for him and I share his happiness. One of the most touching moments during their wedding was when he sang to her the song "I Will Be Here."
Being at weddings like these makes me long for the day when I will experience the love story I'm still dreaming of. But I am seeking to take to heart the words my brother Chuck recently shared with me in a letter."Staci, you have access to the greatest Lover of all time. He is the only One who brings true happiness. Continue to bask in His love and companionship while you have extra time for it. Someday in God's timing and will He will bring a man that will take that happiness to another level, but until then enjoy the love of today."
I guess my love story can begin right now as I daily fall in love with the Lover of my soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment