Hi Staci
It's Tony from Bethel church in Derby, England. I'm the one who spoke to you at Bethel about also being shy. I hope you had a pleasant and safe journey back home.
Thank you again for what you said about shyness and how God can still use you. At Bethel in the afternoon a sister at church, (Dorita), spoke to you about a person she met and invited to church but didn't turn up, and she felt she might have said too much. Well that person named Nicola turned up at church last Sabbath. After the morning service I felt impressed that I should talk to her, but my shyness kicked in and I thought "What would I say?" etc. Then I remembered what you said and prayed that God would give me the words to say, and before I chickened out I went up to her. Staci I ended up talking to her for at least 20 minutes and found out that she used to be a Christian years ago but left church after some disagreement there. Since then she's had a nervous break down and been feeling that God has been calling her. So when Dorita invited her to our church she decided to come. As we talked God just gave me the words to say and we ended up talking about the book of Revelation which she is interested in. So this coming Sunday I will be giving her Bible studies at Dorita's home. Please pray for us & Nicola and thank you again for allowing God to led you to us.
May God continue to bless you and keep trusting him no matter the situation.
Happy Sabbath & God bless
Tony
Friday, September 12, 2008
A Letter From Derby
This afternoon I received a touching letter from Tony, the elder at the second church I preached at in Derby, who believed God had sent me to England just for him. After reading it, all I could say is AMEN! I wanted to share it with you because God is so good!In my last comment on the previous blog I give a link to a song that was especially meaningful to me a few years ago when doing Bible work in Kalamazoo and that recently came back to me in light of my experience in England. For those of you who have struggled with feeling inadequate in your battles for God, I want to dedicate the Warrior is a Child to you. Remember you can always run into the understanding arms of your Father!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
God is so good! Thanks for sharing the letter. I believe God gives us strength to overcome our shyness when we allow him to.
Wow praise God! How exciting! Hopefully sometime we can go back to that church! I think it would be very profitable! Miss you! tara marie
Wow, the words to that song are incredible and so true. Thanks for sharing. Mom
Isn't it amazing how seemingly simple things (such as sharing) have such an impact. That is really cool.
Post a Comment