Saturday, August 16, 2008

Greetings from Great Britain

That’s right. This post is being sent from the beautiful British Isle. I arrived here yesterday after a tiring overnight flight. Presently, I am in the city of Manchester for LETS (Lay Evangelism Training Seminar) where some 70 individuals are been trained in personal evangelism. This event is sponsored by the North England Conference. I’ve been quite impressed by their commitment to teach the members how to do door-to-door work. They have been on the streets for several hours since being here in a nearby town where they are planting a church.

Tomorrow I am heading to Derby where I will be spending the next two weeks teaching at ACE (Advance Centre of Evangelism). I have already met most of the students, as they are here at the conference, and they are wonderful young people. I am looking forward to working with them and getting to know them all better. I have 40+ hours of class time scheduled, preaching appointments for the next two Sabbaths at churches, and outreach hours I’ll be spending with the young people door-to-door generating and following up on Bible study interests. I hope to post more pictures while I am here.

I would ask you to take to heart this verse for me and the students during the next two weeks:
“Finally, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly [in England].” 1 Thessalonians 3:1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting pictures of where you are. I am looking forward to following your trip through your blog. Blessings on your work there. Love MOM

Aiko said...

Nice! Did you meet Rose Gomez at LETS? God bless the rest of your teaching there--it sounds like you have a busy schedule!

Paeter said...

Wow, that is cool. I went over to the northern conference there and helped conduct a prayer conference/training session while I was at AU. That is wonderful that they are moving forward.