Monday, May 19, 2008

Sabbath Music

Two Sabbaths a month I spend part of my afternoon doing choir rehearsal with the Lansing Church choir. We have a wonderful time praising God in song and bonding as a church family. This has turned out to be an evangelistic outreach as well. One of our more recent members, Stephanie, began attending our church last fall. She was in a rock band and often struggled with depression. This spring she felt God calling her to leave behind all that music. That Sabbath when she came to church she heard me make an appeal for ladies to join a special women's choir. She showed up at practice that afternoon and is now a member of our regular choir. She replaced rock music with sacred music. Amen!!! Two weeks ago she was baptized. And might I add that I always see joy radiating from her face now. No more depression!!

I thought I would share with you some of the songs we have performed this spring for church. I love choral music with its rich harmonies. But even more I love to see the joy on the faces of the choir members as they sing to their Heavenly Creator. It is our act of worship.  

AS THE DEER


OUR PRAYER


THE MORNING TRUMPET

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow they sound great!
very inspiring!
thanks for sharing the videos :-)

Unknown said...

Impressive! You'd gone a great job keeping everyone together, and parts are sung well, and they have good enunciation (something I always appreciate). Quite a feat, having the live trumpet in the last piece!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. I'm so proud of you! It looks like you're having a great time with your choir. I loved hearing the Morning Trumpet. Keep up the hard work. May God bless you in all you're doing for Him.
Take care,
Sarah Canada

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! I haven't been here in a while I guess! The music is beautiful, I love the accapella, you're doing great! Take care!

holamickey said...

a huge blessing.
Happy Sabbath

Autumn said...

wow, they keep sounding better and better all the time! you are doing a great job and I am so proud to have such a wonderfully talented sister!