“I have the ability to see angels,” she told me, “and she is so beautiful and big.”
At this point I wasn’t sure if I should believe her or not. But of course my curiosity was fully aroused so I kept listening.
She then told me that this was not my guardian angel for I had one of those with me too, but this was a special protector angel sent to protect me from harm. She said she doesn't often see this kind of angel because it is a very special one sent only to those needing special protection. She asked me what I do for work, if I am ever in dangerous situations, if I ever feel threatened or harassed.
I told her I worked for the Seventh-day Adventist church and that when I was on God’s errand I believed that He sends His angels to protect me. She agreed with me saying that I must be in some potential danger and so this angel has been especially commissioned to keep me safe. She kept repeating over and over, “She is such a beautiful angel.”
I left her house a little bewildered wondering if she really had seen some special angel that accompanies me. Then I remembered stories I’ve read of colporteurs and Bible workers that were accompanied by angels that people at the doors saw but they never did. She may just have seen my angel!
I also think God allowed this experience to happen because I’ve been feeling a little lonely lately. It made me realize I am never alone. Even though I cannot see them, I have the company and fellowship of angels no matter where I am! And while I’ve always known that intellectually, now I really believe it!
“In working for perishing souls, you have the companionship of angels.” 9T 129
“From what dangers, seen and unseen, we have been preserved through the interposition of the angels, we shall never know, until in the light of eternity we see the providences of God.” DA 240
“A guardian angel is appointed to every follower of Christ. These heavenly watchers shield the righteous from the power of the wicked one. This Satan himself recognized when he said: ‘Doth Job fear God for nought? Hast not Thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side?’ Job 1:9, 10.” GC 512, 513
“The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.” Psalm 34:7.
5 comments:
That's so neat, whether or not it was your guardian angel or protector! Wow! I bet you can't wait to find out when you get to heaven. :-)
Staci!!!
That is a wonderful story. All those quotations you've written about the angels are very near and dear to my heart! I've shared them with my students many, many times before we went out to canvass. Wow...I miss canvassing! I hope to do it again... Praise the Lord the angel of the Lord encamps around those who love and fear God! You are never alone! =)
wow! that's pretty amazing! it's a blessing to know our Lord is always keeping watch and caring for us. :O)
Thanks for sharing such a special experience. God is surely with you as you work for Him on the front lines.
Wow! That is powerful and very encouraging. Praise God for His ever present help.
Post a Comment