Late last night I returned from a six day business trip to Michigan’s upper peninsula. This was my first time to visit the place where “uppers” (pronounced Yoo-pers) live. (Supposedly, those of us who live south of the Mackinaw Bridge are called “trolls.”) I loved my time in the U.P.! The countryside is beautiful with its hills and dense forests. But my favorite was coastal highway 2 which skirts northern Lake Michigan and provides amazing views of the shoreline and bays. In bo
th Escanaba and Menominee I got to do some sight-seeing of the historic waterfront and beaches.We have three Bible workers in the U.P., Anne Strong, Andrea Loew, and Craig Kleikamp. I really enjoyed spending a day with both Craig and Anne, accompanying them on studies and visits. I was so encoura
ged to see the gifts God has given them in working with people and to meet some of their Bible study interests. God is blessing the work of all our U.P. Bible workers and I’m excited about the many decisions for baptism.On the weekend I attended the U.P. camp meeting at beautiful Camp Sagola. I met many wonderful Adventists and enjoyed speaking to them as I team-taught the lesson study with Paul Pellendini. I was especially blessed by the series of messages by Peter Neri, “The Message of the Hour”, on the investigative judgment, Daniel 11, and the urgency of sharing the final warning to the world. I would highly recommend you ordering this series from Hope Video. I’ve now returned home motivated to be bolder in sharing our distinctive Adventist message with others and praying earnestly for their salvation. Jesus is coming so soon!!
2 comments:
Sounds wonderful, Staci! Looks like you've had fun up in the gorgeous countryside. It's so pretty, I agree!
Miss you Staci. hope all is well.
Post a Comment